For More Information:
Launch of Vote NO 67 Campaign
Action from Approx. 200 Attendees, Speakers Describing the Campaign,
Professional and Homemade signs
Join our broad-based coalition of doctors, nurses, health advocacy organizations, faith and civil rights leaders and community groups on the West Steps of the Colorado State Capitol at Noon on Tuesday, July 22 for our kickoff rally opposing Colorado’s Amendment 67, this year’s version of the “Personhood” Amendment.
What: Vote NO 67 Campaign Kickoff
When: Noon-12:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 22
Where: West Steps of the Colorado State Capitol
Who: Approximately 200 activists demonstrating their opposition
• Vicky Cowart, Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains – Voice for the broad-based coalition
• Karen Middleton – NARAL Pro-Choice Colorado
• Cristina Aguilar, Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights (COLOR), Bi-lingual voice calling people to action
• Dr. Ruben Alvero – Obstetrics and Gyneocology
• Nathan Woodruff-Stanley, ACLU of Colorado
• Interfaith Alliance of Colorado—Voice for damage caused by government intrusion
• Possibly Amanda Dufresne, telling personal story
Activists with Vote NO 67 Signs
• Activists with signs depicting personal reasons for opposing Amendment Personhood Amendment
• Activists streaming off the Capitol Steps
We oppose Amendment 67 because:
• It is misleading and has far-reaching consequences.
• It would make abortion a crime, and pregnant women and health care providers criminally and civilly liable for any pregnancy that does not result in a live birth, regardless of the stage of pregnancy.
• It puts the government into our personal private lives and would restrict access to common birth control options like the Pill, IUDs and emergency contraception.